An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2-Recycled Christmas Cards

Do you still have your Christmas cards laying around the house?  Want to help a great organization fund raise with your used cards?  If so, mail them to St. Jude's Ranch for Children. They recycle the cards and sell them to raise funds for their organization.  They also except all other types of greeeting cards. 

This was my gift for today and it only took me about 10 minutes to go through my cards, place in an envelope and prepare to ship. 

Here are their card donating tips:

  • All types of greeting cards, including Christmas are used.
  • Only the card front can be used (please check to be sure the back side is clear of any writing, etc.)
  • We can not accept Hallmark, Disney or American Greeting cards.
  • 5″ x 7″ size or smaller is preferred.
  • Mail donations to :
    St. Jude’s Ranch for Children
    Recycled Card Program
    100 St. Jude’s Street
    Boulder City, NV 89005
For additional information: http://www.stjudesranch.org/shop/recycled-card-program/

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I remember when I was little my teacher brought in her old cards and the kids made ornaments out of them. I still have mine- from 2nd grade LOL!! I will have to do this. -thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I wish I was that crafty.

    ReplyDelete